On the 10th anniversary, Google has launched a new project name Project 10100.
Project 10100 (pronounced “Project 10 to the 100th”) is a call for ideas to change the world by helping as many people as possible.
In this project anyone can participate by sending their ideas which can help the maximum people. Last date for submission of ideas is October 20, 2008. Idea can also be submitted in the form of 30-second video.
After all the idea submissions, Google will post a selection of 100 ideas and open them for voting from the public to choose the 20 semi-finalists. Later, an advisory board will short-list up to five final ideas.
Google has committed $10 million to bring the final ideas in to reality projects, but there final goal goal is to help as many people as possible. Thats why their tag line is
“May those who help the most win.”
Google has set some rules like some categories and criterias which are
- Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
- Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
- Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
- Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is your idea?
- Longevity: How long will the idea’s impact last?
You can submit your ideas here